Saturday, May 26

summer olympics

This is the last weekend before school lets out. Only three day left!
We are working on my Olympic unit until school is out.
We made a bubble map of adjectives that describe Olympic athletes. Then we used the bubble map to make Olympian list poems.

Olympian list poems


We made a class book about Olympic athletes using the bubble map of Olympian adjectives. We've enjoyed reading this book.

I am so proud of the little artists my students have become!
"Olympic athletes are flexible."
"Olympic athletes are balanced."

 Then we started talking about biographies. We've been reading lots of biographies about famous Olympic athletes. We read a biography on Michael Phelps and Mia Hamm.

We started writing our own biographies about Michael Phelps.


We made swimmers, soccer players, and gymnasts.


We've been reading a ton on all the different Olympic sports.

Olympic math booklet

Building sentences in the pocket chart

We wrote biographies about Mia Hamm and made a soccer player.




We put Olympic words in ABC order

Practicing our sight words

Check out my whole Olympic unit on Teachers Pay Teachers here.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Busy Bees said...

This looks adorable!
Robynn
BusyBees

Unknown said...

I always love your posts!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Erin Eberhart said...

Your units are always so awesome! You seriously rock! :)
Erin
Eberhart’s Explorers

Elizabeth said...

What a cute way to end the year!

Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Amanda said...

Wow! Great unit!

Amanda
First Grade Garden

Miss Brynley said...

You are so creative! I'm a new blogger and I love your blog!

Brynley
http://brynleysbrainstorms.blogspot.com/

Miss Trayers said...

I'm also glad I discovered you. A very cool idea for a unit-my kids would love this!

NotJustChild'sPlay

Caitlin said...

I can't get over this unit. I want to be in your class!!!!

Caitlin

Kindergarten Smiles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...